Monday, November 8, 2010

What a Week part 2

Good morning everyone,
Had a great week at the Houston quilt show.  I went Thursday with Bill's cousin Kay (who lives in Houston) and we had a great time.  Found a few things to buy that I couldn't live without like the bias ruler and binding ruler.  Also some French border fabric to go with squares I bought in Paris.  (I'll really try to get it done before I'm back home)
The award winning quilts were spectacular, way beyond what I do but lots of ideas.  Then Cassandra and I and Daniel went back on Saturday to look some more.  The quilts have lots of machine quilting and the backs were also works of art depending on the colors of thread they used.  Also lots of embellishments.  Daniel and Cassandra came to visit us for supper last night.  Thank goodness the doors and drawers were made for toddlers, Daniel couldn't pull them open, but he liked our little home.  (just his size)  Christmas cactus really likes it here, lots of buds.   More later

1 comment:

  1. Hope you can take a picture of your fabric purchases next.
    Daniel looks like he keeps everyone hopping.
    Think of sewing on Veteran's day for Quilts of Valor.

    ReplyDelete